1stClass@Number improves children’s understanding of number and develops early calculation skills. It is an innovative small group intervention delivered by a specially trained teaching assistant to children who need further support with the Year 1 or Year 2 mathematics curriculum .
- provides targeted use of the Pupil Premium
- supports the new National Curriculum for Mathematics
- raises mathematical attainment
- increases enjoyment and engagement in mathematics
- develops teaching assistants’ subject knowledge and wider effectiveness
- provides detailed evidence of progress and impact
Two programmes are available to schools
1stClass@Number 1 : for children who need further support at the level of the Year 1 curriculum
1stClass@Number 2 : for children who need further support at the level of the Year 2 curriculum.
Impact on Achievement
Over 45,000 children in Years 1 to 11 have been supported by 1stClass@Number in 3,500 schools
- They have made an average Number Age gain of 12 months in only 3.5 months – over 3 times the expected progress.
- 93% of them showed more confidence and interest in learning mathematics in class after 1stClass@Number
For further information contact: firstname.lastname@example.org